Benton County - Veterans Affairs
Walk-ins are welcome, though it is encouraged to make an
appointment to ensure that I am in the office and available.
Benton County Veterans Affairs assists Veterans and their dependents with:
- Applying for VA Medical Care - health care and medications
- Compensation - monthly benefit for injury incurred or aggravated by service
- Pension - income based financial assistance program for veterans
- Applying to the Iowa Veterans Home
- Military Records - obtaining and upgrading
- Burial Benefits and Grave Markers
- Educational Benefits
- Home Loan Benefits
- Emergency Assistance
Please click here for a Summary of VA Benefits for National Guard and Reserve Members and Veterans.
To arrange for a Veteran's ride to a VA appointment at the medical center or one of the community-based outpatient clinics, please call at least one week prior to your appointment to allow time for the arrangement of a volunteer driver.
Turning miles into smiles! We are looking for more volunteer drivers!
If you're interested in becoming a volunteer driver please call or email the service office.
Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-276-8255 (press 1)
Confidential chat also available at VeteransCrisisLine.net or by sending a text to 838255
Veterans Affairs Board of Commissioners
Michael Silhanek, Chairman (Elberon)
Dale Henry (Vinton)
Courtney Long (Newhall)