- No Smoking, eating, or drinking on the bus.
- Do not engage in unnecessary conversation to distract the driver in any way.
- No firearms, alcohol, or flammables on the bus.
- Be respectful of others, no vulgar language, loud talking, rowdiness, or harassment of any nature will be tolerated.
- Keep cell phones calls private and headphone music turned down.
- Know that service animals trained to assist persons with disabilities are welcome.
OXYGEN TANK POLICY
- For medical purposes, some riders may need to have portable oxygen tanks with them while riding in the vehicles, however, for safety reasons, all tanks must be secured to wheelchairs to prevent tanks from falling, or becoming dislodged and striking other objects or riders in the vehicle.
- BCT is glad to be of service to you in getting your child to and / or from school. Our policies have been established with your child’s well being in mind. We appreciate your cooperation in following them. We try very hard to have scheduled rides established, but due to circumstances beyond our control, sometimes these routes need to be altered.
- Due to the fact that any delay waiting for a child will cause delays in scheduled rides, your child needs to be ready and watching for the bus, We will wait 3 minutes once the bus is at the location. This could be 5 minutes early or late from your scheduled pickup time. ( you really need to be watching) Our routes run on time to the best of our ability, but we need your cooperation also. Our office hours are 8 am – 4:30 pm Monday- Friday and we have a 24 hr. answering machine to take your calls after hours.
- NOTIFYING ABOUT CHANGE OF PICKUP OR DROPOFF
If there are any changes in your child’s ride BCT needs to be notified, of the change at least one hour before their pickup time. For the safety of your children, the person making the change will be required to give us their name and the location of the new address.
We have a responsibility to get children to school on time therefore, one or two late children will make us late for the rest of the kids on that particular route. The driver will honk, please acknowledge that you hear them. If you don’t call in and cancel the ride, you will be charged for a NO SHOW that day. A call to go back for a second trip will be charged accordingly.
- BCT’s RESPONSIBILITY ENDS WHEN THE CHILD GETS OFF THE BUS
You or your care giver needs to be watching for the bus. The bus driver can’t leave the bus so, it is your responsibility and not BCT to make sure someone is at the bus stop when dropping your child off. IF NO ONE IS HOME OR YOUR CHILD CAN NOT GET IN THE DOOR THEY WILL BE TAKEN BACK TO THE PICKUP LOCATION.
We will not tolerate unruly behavior or foul language on the bus. The first incident, the child will get a warning. The second incident, the child’s parent will be notified. The third incident the child will not be allowed to ride the bus for 5 days. The fourth incident the child will not be allowed to ride the bus at all.
As previously stated, you will be charged for a ride if we stop and your child is not riding or ready.
The current cost for school children is $1.25 each way within the city limits of Vinton and/or Belle Plaine. Rides need to be paid in advance unless other arrangements have been made with BCT office. (not the driver) If an account falls into debt of $10.00 , the child’s rides will be discontinued until payment is received . This may happen without prior notice. * It is your responsibility to keep money in your child’s account.
All riders are required to wear their seat belts and remain seated at all times. We will only be responsible for your child being buckled in before we start the ride.