Hoefle-Dulin Recreation Area will be CLOSED starting Monday, July 25th until further notice for shoreline stabilization.
Benton County Conservation Office
5718 20th Ave. Dr.
Vinton, IA 52349
(319) 472-3612 (Fax)
Monday thru Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Daily Park Hours
6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
For the benefit of the public, the Benton County Conservation manages 25 park lands equaling over 1700 acres, over 40 miles of trails, 225 campsites, a growing nature center, and offers high-quality educational programming in and out of the schools for over 7,000 educational contacts annually. We invite you to enjoy our quiet and serene natural areas, hiking and river trails, and campgrounds that offer outstanding recreational opportunities.
Chapter 350 of the Code of Iowa states
The Benton County Conservation Board's (BCCB) duty is to serve the residents of Benton County. The BCCB consists of five county residents appointed by the Board of Supervisors.
In 1955, the Iowa State Legislature passed a law providing for the creation of county conservation boards. In 1956, public vote of Benton County residents authorized the creation of the BCCB. The BCCB was one of sixteen counties in Iowa to make a conservation board that year and has been working on preserving Iowa’s natural heritage since that day. The BCCB built the first man made lake by a county conservation department in the state of Iowa, Hannen Lake. These properties include bike and hiking trails, preserves, boat ramps, and campground facilities.
Title VI Statement
Benton County Conservation does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, disability, religion, color, sex or national origin. Services are open to the general public, including persons with disabilities, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). For more information on Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 call the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights at (202) 376-7700 or TTY (202) 376-8116.
For Benton County's Full Title VI Statement
- Ed Hach, North Unit Park Ranger - Rodgers Park · (319) 560-9803
- Layla Hagen, East Unit Park Ranger - Wildcat Bluff Recreation Area · (319) 560-9802
- Camryn Grubic, South Unit Park Ranger - Hannen Lake · 319-560-9804
- Zach Parmater, Conservation Technician/Park Ranger, Rodgers Park · (319) 560-9807
- Cecilia Dirks, Conservation Technician, Rodgers Park · (319) 560-9806
- Aaron Askelson, Naturalist, Nature Center · (319) 560-7017
- Faith Henrichs, Naturalist, Nature Center · (319) 560-9809
- Shelby Williams, Director, Nature Center · (319) 423-1903