Information Technology Systems Administrator and Helpdesk
- Support the day-to-day technology operations of County departments and employees.
- Document support requests, completed tasks, and technology projects.
- Troubleshoot and resolve the root cause of unexpected technology failures or problems.
- Assist in implementation and support of information technology projects.
- Provide after-hours maintenance and support of network systems. Requires on-call 24x7 for significant network issues.
- Work with software and hardware vendors to implement projects and resolve technology issues.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training for County employees to facilitate skill development and efficient use of technology.
- Assist the IT Director in significant software system purchasing decisions.
- Assist in maintaining all County IT services, network servers, switches, firewalls, and applications.
- Perform troubleshooting, determine, and implement resolutions to various hardware and software issues. Assist the IT Director with network and server installation, support, and maintenance. Perform other duties as directed by the IT Director.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of government, elected officials, County staff, external users, state and local officials and agencies and vendors.
- Responsible for conducting work in a professional, timely and safe manner, and for presenting a professional and helpful demeanor with clients and co-workers, and community members.
- Demonstrates adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Responsible for demonstrating due care for the property, facility, and public information of the County and its departments.
- Attends and participates in County meetings, committees and training as required by the IT Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in networking, computer science, or a related field or a minimum of 5 years related on-the-job experience providing technology support or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to understand various computer technologies and concepts.
- Expertise or knowledge of various systems such as LAN/WAN design, SAN, Microsoft Hyper-V, Office 365, MS SQL Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS Layer2-3 Routing, IP Telephony, Network Printer, RDP, VPN, and Firewall Administration.
- Familiarity with SQL or basic database experience.
- Understand of operating systems such as Windows 11, Windows Server 2019, and 2022.
- Aptitude to learn various network technologies and their relationship to proper operations of a network environment.
- Aptitude to learn and understand the various roles components of desktops, workstations, and servers, including hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
- Mathematical: Basic math such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Ability to draw and interpret graphs.
- Interpersonal: Flexibility in adjusting to changing circumstances, information, employee, and customer needs. Demonstrate a willingness to take initiative. Work independently with little or no supervision. Be reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations. High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and present information and respond to county officials, employees and the public. Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with the public, other government entities and other external sources. Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data, legal documents, or governmental regulations. Ability to prepare reports, general correspondence, and lists.
- Organizational: Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work. Utilize problem solving skills, analytical thinking in gathering and analyzing data. Ability to work under pressure, time constraints and deadlines.
- Resource Allocation: Ability to manage resources, obtain and see to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed.
Physical Demands/Work Hours:
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, stoop or kneel. Frequently, the employee is required to sit. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to: talk and hear; view a computer screen for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms; crawl under desks or around furniture to maneuver computer equipment. Employee must be able to use basic hand tools, which may include climbing a stepladder or ladder. In the course of installing equipment and cables, the employee may be required to lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Will be required to work a non-traditional work schedule as projects necessitate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a business office setting. However, the employee is often required to travel to other locations to perform job duties. The noise level in this work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
- IPERS retirement with 6.29% employee contribution and 9.44% employer contribution
- 9 paid holidays
- Vacation time, sick time, personal day and your BIRTHDAY off
- Opportunity to earn compensatory time
- Health Insurance as low as $180 per pay period for a family plan
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Wellness program with opportunity to earn up to $350 in incentives
*THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN EMPLOYMENT AT BENTON COUNTY*
Return Application To
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Department: IT/GIS
- Salary Range: 64,000-80,000
- Posted: 10/26/23
- Expires: 12/22/23
All Job Listings