Foundation/Donations & Memorials
How does the foundation work?
The Benton County Conservation Foundation is a 501(c)3.
The general purpose of this organization is to promote preservation and enhancement of our natural resources through education and conservation, as provided for in Chapter 350 of the Code of Iowa, in the following manner:
- Promote the conservation of natural resources through a variety of educational programs.
- Conserve and protect unique natural areas.
- Develop and maintain suitable programs of public recreation.
- Serve the citizens of Benton County by assisting and interacting with other public service agencies.
The corporation shall fulfill its purpose by undertaking the following roles:
- Serving as an organizational base for volunteers for conservation programs.
- Helping raise funds for designated projects and educational projects of the Benton County Conservation Board (BCCB).
- Advising the BCCB as to the needs of the community regarding programming.
- Supporting and furthering the functions of the BCCB by serving as a vehicle for community involvement.
Donations can be earmarked for whatever purpose in conservation you choose. Common examples are: Use where needed, Wildcat Acquisition, Land Management/Conservation Practices, Public Programing/Nature Center, East Unit Parks/Campgrounds, North Unit Parks/Campgrounds, South Unit Parks/Campground, Wildcat Bluff Disc Golf Course, Winegar/Tobin Area Equestrian Trials, Old Creamery Nature Trail.
The Foundation accounts are held at Cedar Valley Bank in Vinton, Iowa.
Donations can be made directly to the bank, sent via mail to the conservation office (5718 20th Ave Drive, Vinton, IA), hand delivered to either location, or directly through various investment/funding accounts.
The foundation meets quarterly throughout the year, keep an eye on the county calendar for meeting dates, times, and locations. Generally, they are on a Tuesday evening.
Currently, the Foundation is looking for fundraising champion! Reachout if you'd like to get involved!
**There is a percentage fee associated with PayPal donations.
Benton County Conservation Foundation
5718 20th Ave Drive
Vinton, Iowa 52349.
Sponsor a bird feeder or fish/turtle tank
- Donors may also choose to sponsor the bird feeders ($40/month).
- Donors may also choose to sponsor the fish or turtle tanks ($20/month).
The Animal Sponsorship program raises money for the Conservation Board’s environmental education programs (educational & recreational programs, newsletters, & animal displays).