Be your best self, and have fun doing it.
Conservation only truly succeeds when the public is "doing conservation minded actions" for the benefit of all.
More than 200 individuals a year are involved in volunteering for Benton County Conservation.
Volunteers serve in the following areas:
- Habitat development
- Gardening and landscaping
- Invasive species eradication
- Environmental Education
- Building (Ex: bird & bat houses)
- Nature Center interpretation
- Park maintenance
- Special events
- Trails development & maintenance
The Nature Center's volunteer program is a great way for people to help others and learn more about our living environment. Volunteers meet new people, help nature staff, and expand their own knowledge about the environment. Persons interested in volunteering in any way may fill out an application, be interviewed, and then receive introductory training.
Download volunteer application form here
Donate to the Benton County Conservation Foundation:
| || |
Email: [email protected]
Address: Benton County Conservation Foundation - P.O. Box 202 Vinton, Iowa 52349.
| || |
Sponsor a bird feeder or fish/turtle tank
- Donors may also choose to sponsor the bird feeders ($40/month).
- Donors may also choose to sponsor the fish or turtle tanks ($20/month).
The Animal Sponsorship program raises money for the Conservation Board’s environmental education programs (educational & recreational programs, newsletters, & animal displays).