Iowa Public Health Tracking Portal
The Iowa Public Health Tracking Portal serves as a centralized source for public health data, resulting in:
- Improved public health decision-making: Take advantage of high-quality, accessible data and decision support tools.
- Healthier Iowans in healthier communities: Use data to perform thorough community health needs assessments and to create and implement impactful health improvement plans.
- Increased opportunities for funding: Use data to support grant applications and ensure secured funds are used on programs that provide the most value to Iowans.
- Better use of time and resources: Spend less time searching for data and more time using the data for valuable activities.
Explore the Tracking Portal
Health Tracking: Data on Asthma, Birth Defects, Cancer, Diabetes, Injuries, Obesity, etc.
Community Data Tracking: Data on Baby Names, Deaths, Population Charateriscs, Reproduction & Birth
Environmental Health Tracking: Data on Air Quality, Climate, Public Drinking Water & Private Well Water
The Iowa Public Health Tracking program is a collaboration between multiple programs within Iowa HHS.
- Environmental Public Health Tracking: The Iowa Environmental Public Health Tracking (EPHT) program was initiated from a grant awarded to the Division of Environmental Health, which resulted in the creation of the Environmental Public Health Tracking (EPHT) Program. The initiative is supported by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and has been already carried out in 22 other states.
- Iowa HHS Data Management: The Data Management program provides information on other ways to access Iowa HHS data, including Data Sharing Agreements, Research Agreements, and a listing of Iowa HHS reports and publications.